Spanish Beef Casserole
By Nick Overdevest, Homecook of the Year Finalist
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced thickly
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thickly
- 1 red onion, sliced into thick wedges
- 100 g green or black olives
- 300 g fresh tomatoes, cored, quartered
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 heads garlic, sliced in two
- Oregano or parsley leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Take meat out of the refrigerator and out of the pack to come to room temperature before cooking.
Oil the beef medallions before putting it into a frying pan. Sear beef over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside. In the same frying pan, fry capsicums and onion for 5 minutes.
Place beef, capsicums and onions into a 12-cup capacity casserole dish. Add remaining ingredients to the casserole dish with 175 ml water. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cover with lid, bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove lid and bake for another 30 minutes.
Garnish with oregano leaves or parsley leaves and serve.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter for the latest recipes, news, competitions and giveaways.