Roast Lamb With Cherry & Pomegranate Salsa
By Silver Fern Farms
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Lamb Roast
- 800 g baby new potatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sprigs thyme, stalks removed
- Thyme leaves, to serve
- Goat’s cheese, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Cherry & Pomegranate Salsa
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp liquid honey or caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 g ripe cherries, pitted, halved or preserved cherries
- 1 pomegranate, halved, deseeded
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley,coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup mint, coarsely chopped
Remove lamb from packaging and bring to room temperature at least 10-20 minutes before roasting. Preheat oven to 200˚C.
Toss potatoes in half the olive oil and half of the minced garlic. Place on a baking tray and cook in oven for 30 minutes, until tender.
Season meat well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix remaining olive oil and garlic together. Drizzle oil mixture over lamb and rub in. Heat a heavy-bottomed ovenproof pan on medium heat. Sear lamb, caramelising all sides. Place lamb in oven and cook for 30 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes.
To make salsa, combine lemon juice, molasses, honey and olive oil with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Whisk together. Add garlic, cherries, pomegranate seeds and herbs. Toss together. You may need more honey or sugar, depending on the sweetness of the cherries.
Serve lamb with roasted new potatoes and mixed salad leaves. Sprinkle with thyme and cheese.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter for the latest recipes, news, competitions and giveaways.