Beef Medallions with Zesty Grain Salad
By Silver Fern Farms
- 1 pack of Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200g fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup farro, washed, drained**
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 100ml olive oil
- To serve, 150g goats cheese, halloumi or feta cheese, fresh herbs like mint, chives, lemon wedges
Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions from the fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch beans and peas for 2-3 minutes, then refresh in icy cold water. Repeat with sugar snap peas. Bring the water back to the boil and add the farro, stir and then simmer for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and allow to cool slightly.
Mix together lemon juice, zest, garlic, mint, and mustard in a small jug or jar, whisk until well combined. Season to taste. Drizzle in the olive oil to make a thick vinaigrette. Toss half the vinaigrette with the farro, peas and beans. Set aside.
Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions for 3-4 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
To serve, arrange the grain salad and sliced Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions on a plate, serve with extra lemon vinaigrette. And sprinkle with fresh herbs to serve.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter for the latest recipes, news, competitions and giveaways.