The eye fillet spans between the shortloin and the sirloin. It sits beneath the ribs next to the back bone and does very little work, ultimately making it an incredibly tender and succulent cut.
- 1 fillet per pack, 300 gram pack size
- Each fillet may naturally vary in shape
- Graded A++by our Master Graders for supreme taste, tenderness and juiciness
- Aged at least 21 days for optimal tenderness
- Has the Heart Foundation Two Ticks
- High in iron - contains at least 10% of the recommended daily intake for adults
- Excellent source of zinc - contains at least 25% of the recommended daily intake for adults
How To Cook
Best cooking methods – oven, pan-fry, BBQ.
Remove from packaging, cover, and bring to room temperature. Rub oil over the tenderloin and season.
Oven method: preheat oven to 220°C. Sear fillet over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven and cook for 10 minutes for medium-rare.
Pan-fry/BBQ method: preheat the pan or BBQ to medium-high and pan-fry for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Transfer to a plate, cover, and rest for 5 minutes.
|Nutritional Information Servings per pack: 2.4 Serving size: 125g||